Rejuvenating Weekend Retreat Cornwall
10th – 13th June 2016
From £325pp sharing
A long-weekend retreat including 3 restorative evening yoga classes and 3 energising morning yoga classes, with the option to enjoy the beach and natural surroundings, go on guided walks, trail runs or go surfing.
We will be staying 3 nights at the sumptuous brand new retreat centre at Lime House Yoga, near Perranporth, on the north coast of Cornwall. Fully catered for (by our River Cottage trained chef!) with a delicious plant based whole foods diet – take the chance to unwind, rejuvenate and restore body, mind and soul in the gorgeous grounds at Lime House, soaking up the fresh sea air and relaxing in the serene setting.
Friday arrive from 3pm, 6-7.30pm yoga, 7.45pm dinner
Monday depart 11am, yoga 8-9.15am, breakfast 9.30am
Saturday and Sunday – a typical day example
- 7.00am hot lemon/ tea
- 7.30-8.45am Vinyasa Flow yoga
- 9.00am breakfast
- 10am – 1pm Relax on the beach or in the retreat gardens; run trails with Helen or take a surf lesson
- 1.30pm lunch
- 3-5pm Visit a local beach or coastal town; indulge in a massage or take a guided walk
- 6-7.30pm restorative yoga, meditation, relaxation
- 7.45pm dinner
- 9pm film option, relax in the lounge (or go to the local pub!)
Taught by Helen, the morning classes will be dynamic and energising Vinyasa Flow to wake up the body and warm us up for the day. The evening classes will be more restorative to stretch out tired or tense muscles, helping you to sleep and wake up feeling rejuvenated. This retreat can be a great introduction for beginners to yoga, as well as building on knowledge for those with more experience and who want to challenge and enhance their practice. The yoga classes will be particularly beneficial for surfers and runners keen to see the benefits of yoga for athletes.
Plant-based super foods! No meat, diary or processed foods in sight. Harness the power of a whole food, plant based diet and feel the transformative powers. We will be catered for by our very own River Cottage trained chef Sam Lomas.
Example Retreat Menu
- Before yoga: Hot lemon to stimulate the digestive system and alkalise the blood.
- Breakfast: Coconut porridge with almond butter and blueberries, fresh fruit and wholemeal toast. Green juice with apple, pineapple, spinach, lime, ginger; tea and coffee.
- Lunch: Quinoa super salad and sweet potato chips and raw vegan brownies for dessert.
- Dinner: Zucchini spaghetti with avocado and brazil pesto/ chickpea and vegetable curry followed by chia seed and raspberry cake with coconut cream
Walking and Trail Running
Helen can take you on guided walks and runs of 10-15km/ 5-10miles, along the glorious north Cornish coast path. The terrain is varied and the scenery is stunning. These will be slow paced runs to fully enjoy the environment and soak up the surroundings.
We can arrange surf lessons for you with excellent surf schools, or take you to the beach if you wish to surf without a lesson. A lesson with equipment hire is around £15 per person.
The Local Area
The Retreat at Lime House Yoga Studio is less than 2 miles inland, with stunning views towards Holywell Bay. Walk there in around 30 minutes or take a 5 minute drive to the glorious Perranporth beach, where you can relax, walk, surf, visit cafes and shops.
Lime House Yoga Retreat can sleep up to 12 people in twin and double rooms. Set in lovely gardens with sea and country views it is the perfect weekend retreat escape. The purpose built yoga studio has underfloor heating and views over the landscaped gardens and out to sea.
£325 per person for one of the perfectly sized smaller rooms, all ensuite and beautifully decorated – 3 rooms available
£375 per person for a very spacious grand bedroom, 2 of which are ensuite, 1 with a private bathroom – 3 rooms available
Prices based on two people sharing, if you would like your own room £100 single supplement applies. Room preference can be made on the Booking Form, below.
Included In Your Retreat
- 3 nights stay
- 3 evening restorative yoga classes
- 3 morning energising yoga classes
- Optional guided walks and runs
- Dinner on Friday evening, 3 delicious healthy meals on Saturday and Sunday, and breakfast Monday morning.
Not Included in your Retreat
- Travel to Lime House Yoga Retreat
- Surf lessons or board hire
Payment Terms & Conditions: A non-refunded deposit is required to secure your place, the remainder is due no later than 8 weeks before the start of the retreat, for which you will receive an invoice. In the event of cancellation: 60 days or more prior to the retreat: Your entire payment will be refunded, less £125 which is your deposit. 59-30 days prior to the retreat: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less £125 deposit) to a future retreat. 29 days or less prior to the retreat: Payments are not refundable.
£125 deposit is required to secure your place on this fantastic retreat.
(Please note that the booking for this retreat is done via www.helenclareyoga.com)